Saturday, November 23, 2013

Day 31: Welcome Home

Krista made it home today! She had an appointment with the oncologist at the City of Hope this morning. He thought the plan of going home was a good one, given the circumstances, and even said that she had a good medical team in Santa Barbara to deal with emergencies. Not that there's any signs of trouble right now.  Labs looked very stable, except for her magnesium level which it typical to be low due to one of the medicines she is on. That's an easy fix with an IV infusion, though it took some time. Both Krista and my mother got to take a nap while that was going on since they brought a recliner chair into the infusion suite. That's a nice treat before making the drive up to Santa Barbara.

I managed to dust and sanitize the bedroom and bathroom walls before the cleaners showed up. Our house tends to be very dusty, so I've been doing that as an extra precaution when Krista comes home immune suppressed. The cleaners spent two hours with three people prepping the house, and I got a chance to hang up the "Krista's bathroom" sign on the bathroom and the "Wash your hands" sign on the front door. Those have been very helpful for remembering the precautions we need to take.  The boys made a "Welcome Home" sign too and I put that on the garage so it would be the first thing they saw when they got here. I had a lot of errands to do so I wasn't home to see their arrival (boo!). It was a big day for us all, so I'm off to get some much needed rest.
In peace I will lie down and sleep,
for you alone, Lord,
make me dwell in safety.
(Psalm 4:8)

1 comment:

Mary Jorgensen said...

What a blessing to be home! I am still praying for you.