Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Day 28: Different

It looks like the plan is going to be different than we had originally hoped it would be. Krista is supposed to be discharged tomorrow but, while there is no availability at the Village, she's not going home just yet. We got her a room in a nearby extended-stay hotel for a couple of nights. We're still on the waiting list for the Village, so if something opens up we'll be able to move her there.

My mother is coming back up from San Diego to stay with Krista two nights, and then Friday I'll head down there and she'll come up to Santa Barbara to stay with the boys until Wednesday. Krista only has one change of clothes with her, so I'll be bringing her a bunch of supplies. I understand that the hotel doesn't have many cooking tools, so those will be with me too. And don't forget the cleaning supplies.

Once she's out, she'll be free to roam about (with a N95 particulate filter mask on). Got to keep those germs out! No crowds or retail stores allowed. (Krista wondered if the restriction includes discount stores, too -- ha!) The doctors will also allow her to go home for Thanksgiving, so we're very excited to be able to spend the holiday together at home. She's been picking up some great tips for making Thanksgiving preparations easier from the Food Network, so we'll have the kids pitch in and make a mini feast.

All of this is so amazing and I'm so grateful that God spared us an experience like we had last time. I keep thinking that she should be incapacitated coming out, but she's doing well - just weaker than usual. That strength will come back in time; I expect months, but we may be surprised.
You turned my wailing into dancing;
you removed my sackcloth and clothed me with joy,
that my heart may sing your praises and not be silent.
Lord my God, I will praise you forever.
(Psalm 30:11-12)

No comments: