Monday, November 18, 2013

Day 27: No Strings Attached

I am back home still, attending training classes at work. While I'm here I'm trying to get as much done as I can, so today and tomorrow it's auto maintenance. Our mechanic is half-way between home and work, so I bring my bike on the car and bike the rest of the way in. Normally I can do that casually, but today it was a bit rushed since our training starts at 8 am! One more time tomorrow.

Krista is now completely off the IVs, not even the nutritional drip remains. They are still adjusting some of the oral medicines to get them right. It's possible that she could be discharged tomorrow, but only if they get an opening at the Village. There's just too much going on right now for them to discharge her otherwise.

On the fun side, Krista got a ukulele from the music therapy group recently but it was badly out of tune. I would have tuned it for her, but that wasn't an option. Somehow, she figured out how to use the tuner and did it herself! Now she's itching to learn how to play it. The music therapy group meets at the Village with free ukulele lessons, so maybe that will work out soon.
[Jesus speaking] “I feel compassion for the people because they have remained with Me now three days and have nothing to eat. If I send them away hungry to their homes, they will faint on the way; and some of them have come from a great distance.” And His disciples answered Him, “Where will anyone be able to find enough bread here in this desolate place to satisfy these people?” And He was asking them, “How many loaves do you have?” And they said, “Seven.” And He directed the people to sit down on the ground; and taking the seven loaves, He gave thanks and broke them, and started giving them to His disciples to serve to them, and they served them to the people. They also had a few small fish; and after He had blessed them, He ordered these to be served as well. And they ate and were satisfied; and they picked up seven large baskets full of what was left over of the broken pieces.
(Mark 8:2-8)

1 comment:

john_richey said...

Hi Krista...music therapy and a ukulele with lessons! Very nice. Sadly Baylor did nothing like that, except I got very nice foot messages....I am glad to hear that you are almost out of the hospital. How long do you have to live close to the hospital? I stayed 8 weeks .... I had the transplant in Dallas. One year later we moved to Maryland and
I changed doctors and now go to John-Hopkins for weekly treatments for gvhd. I love my doctor and nurse-practitioner there....they are very good. I have one 19 year old son. None of this is easy but Jesus is near to all who call upon him.
Take care, Lydia Richey