Saturday, November 16, 2013

Day 24: Waiting

Krista continues to be doing well with her recovery. Her white counts are still at the high range of normal (9.4) and her platelets and red counts are stable. The reduction of IV nutrition is matched well with her eating abilities - today she discovered another off-the-menu item she can eat: hard-boiled egg. She seemed a little more tried today than yesterday, and she did sleep a lot. I spoke with her tonight and she felt like she needed a break after the physical exertion yesterday. She still got a shower and took a walk today on her own. That's going to make it so much easier than last time when she gets out.

We talked to the nurse coordinator today about arrangements after discharge. We verified that she will need to stay local to the hospital for a time after discharge, but at the moment there are no openings in the cottages at the Village. Boo! Krista just loves the way they do things at the City of Hope (tonight she said, "I can truly say that I love this place"), and it would be so disappointing not to be able to take regular walks on their beautiful grounds. We are on the waiting list so pray for an opening soon!

I drove home to spend some time with the boys this weekend. It's so wonderful all the experiences they get to have, and for my mother being able to stay with them the last couple of weeks. She's gone back down to Carlsbad to take care of some things for a time and then will come back. What a huge help that is; thanks Mom! I'll end tonight reflecting on God's provision for the situations He leads us into.
As for God, his way is perfect:
The Lord’s word is flawless;
he shields all who take refuge in him.
For who is God besides the Lord?
And who is the Rock except our God?
It is God who arms me with strength
and keeps my way secure.
He makes my feet like the feet of a deer;
he causes me to stand on the heights.
He trains my hands for battle;
my arms can bend a bow of bronze.
You make your saving help my shield,
and your right hand sustains me;
your help has made me great.
You provide a broad path for my feet,
so that my ankles do not give way.
(Psalm 18:30-36)

No comments: