Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Day 22: Pressing On

Just a short update tonight since I have an early morning meeting and need to get to bed.... Krista's white blood count up to an incredible 9.4 today! Since the normal range is 4.0 to 10.0, we asked if they were concerned that the count might be too much. So far, there's no concern -- it's just good news.

Krista continues to do very well on the new pain killer. There was a vomiting incident today, but it was not the suffering kind. It came out of the blue without warning and afterward the nausea was helped by the anti-nausea meds. Otherwise, she's been eating better and holding it down.

No new word on discharge. I'm going to call the case manager tomorrow to see if we can get any more information about what it would be like. We ran into our friends Kathy and Jeff from Santa Barbara (I met Kathy on Day 8) while on a walk around the floor tonight. Jeff is possibly going to be discharged Friday to go back home. Kathy mentioned that the Village was quite full right now, so I need to find out if we will even have that option when Krista gets discharged.

I'm also planning on taking Krista's phone to a local repair guy tomorrow, Mobile iPhone Repair LA. Eric is the owner/operator there and his yelp.com reviews look really good. Hopefully he can get the phone restarted so Krista can keep up with her email.
Your love, Lord, reaches to the heavens,
your faithfulness to the skies.
Your righteousness is like the highest mountains,
your justice like the great deep.
You, Lord, preserve both people and animals.
How priceless is your unfailing love, O God!
People take refuge in the shadow of your wings.
They feast on the abundance of your house;
you give them drink from your river of delights.
For with you is the fountain of life;
in your light we see light.
(Psalm 36:5-9)

1 comment:

john_richey said...

Hi Krista....I am glad that the engraftment is going so well!
I pray that you will have the right amount of gvh....I have struggled much with gvh. It struck only the tendons around muscles and it's known as fasciitis and it can be quite debilitating....but photopheresis saved my mobility, my breathing and my life. Although I am still on much medicine and once a week treatments, I am able to do more and more normal things. I swim and walk a bunch for fitness. In any wilderness, God can set a table. (Psalm 78) . He prepares a feast for us in the presence of our enemy, which is anything that afflicts us, including these scary and frustrating diseases! Lydia Richey